It’s a common mistake, especially by website owners, to treat SEO independently of Marketing and website development when a holistic approach should be taken. A good website designer integrates social networking, SEO and marketing into the design of a site from the first stages of development.
I created the flow chart above to provide a clear vision explanation of this relationship for a client and decided to share it here.
Everything from Email lists to Social Media and Content impact each other.
The following is a simplified list explaining how the different elements in the flowchart work together for marketing, social and SEO success.
- Email Lists
- Drive traffic to the website and social media
- If archived on the website provide “food” for the search engines
- Social Media
- Drive traffic to Website
- Drive subscribers to newsletter
- Increase link popularity organically when people share your posts
- Site Design
- Provide an optimized foundation for keyword targeting
- Sitemaps and structure improve search engine crawling
- Drive traffic to social networks by helping visitors to share your content
- Drive traffic to social media
- Pull traffic from search engines
- Develops link popularity when your content is shared
- Increase subscribers in your mailing lists
- Search Engine Optimization
- Organically increase traffic to your website and social media presence
- Target specific keywords and phrases
- Can be tied into Social Media, Email lists and the website