Periodically, I run across a client who registered a domain name through a reseller. This might not sound like such a bad deal, but wait until you run into problems!
Here are a few reasons not to use a reseller:
- Resellers are generally running another business and may not give you the attention you deserve
- If you have difficulty with your reseller, you may have a fight on your hands to correct the issues. The actual registrar will make you work through your reseller.
- You may not have full control of your domain and your reseller could charge you to make adjustments
- You can probably get better pricing on your domains through a regular registrar
- The reseller may not inform you that the domain is up for renewal